Yesterday was my 2nd annual 5k run at the Salt Lake Marathon. Again, it was a great race, despite them changing the route that took you up hill on State Street. The turn onto South Temple was nice, since it was sort of down hill and you could see the train station, which was near the end. However, I had a side ache at that point from the hill and got passed my what seemed like a gazillion other runners. I also thought I beat last years time by a whole minute, but after looking up last years results, realized I beat it only by six seconds! Dang! I'll blame it on the side ache. Actually, the goal was not to get passed my 80-year-old men and 10-year-old girls, like last year! You think I'm joking! Scott did the bike tour. He actually started at our house--at 5:25 AM, in the dark--so he totalled 31 miles that day. It was fun to meet him at the end of the race. It gets me in the mood to train for a 10k. I know some of you hard-core runners think this is cake, but considering two years ago I couldn't run three house-lengths, I'll shoot for that.

This picture is just before we started. I'm with Julie, Scott's sister, Jennifer, Tanya's sister, and Tanya, our sister-in-law. Notice how happy we are, with hair in place, no heavy breathing and no side aches?

Scott and I after the race. Doesn't he look hot in his biking duds? Tee hee
BTW...the eggs in our nest disappeared. It's weird. The nest isn't torn apart, no egg shells, nothing. They were there one day and the next they were gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment