I love Sundays. I know many people who would disagree with me. I love the predictability and routine of it all. I love going to church and being with my friends and people who love me. I love recentering (is that a word?) my priorities. I love seeing my kids in their nice clothes--who doesn't love a four-year-old in his dress pants, button down shirt and tie? He's just too stinkin' cute! I love coming home with my cute family and eating grilled cheese and tomato soup. I especially look forward to the afternoon when the kids have quiet time and I have a nap. I love having a day off TV/computers/Wii. I know, I'm a mean mom. There is something so sweet about listening to your kids play together in the basement. They get along so much better when the options don't include anything that plugs in. I love going to Scott's parents for dinner. Talk about predictability and tradition. Every week it's roast (beef or pork), mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and roll. Sometimes they push the envelope and have a turkey or pot roast. I doubt I will ever attempt a pot roast. Rich is king at this, and no one will ever top his pot roast. It would be insulting to even try because he has so perfected it. I love the peacefulness of the entire day. No errands to run, no laundry to do, no carpools, no gym (although I should after dinner. I calculated the calories one time. That wasn't smart. I really should just enjoy it and have a second roll with butter and Rich's homemade raspberry jam.). The house is generally messy because it really is my day off. Nap or cleaning the bathroom? Duh! I don't have to think about which one I choose.
1 comment:
thanks for sharing my favorite day- all day- of the week!our kids always come for dinner, i'm somewhat crushed when they have something - anything - that takes it's place! the same person always spills and we always laugh and now anticipate the moment.
Sunday memories are the best.
Post a Comment